Enable or Disable USB Devices on computer
Category : Windows
Disabling USB devices is one of the effective methods to prevent confidential information leaks, data theft, and to protect computers from malicious files. USB devices are often used by perpetrators, and that is why it is important to protect the computer and the network from intrusion via USB ports.
METHOD 1: Using Registry editor
1. Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type regedit, and press Enter.
2. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Continue (Vista) or Yes (Windows 7/8).
3. In regedit, navigate to the location below.
4. To Enable USB Storage Devices in Windows
A) In the right pane of USBSTOR, double click/tap on Start to modify it.
B) Type in 3, click on OK, and go to step 6 below.
5. To Disable USB Storage Devices in Windows
A) In the right pane of USBSTOR, double click on Start to modify it.
B) Type in 4, click on OK, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below step 5B)
6. Close regedit.